At Milford Thrives, we envision Milford to be a place where all young children grow up in a nurturing, supportive community.
This parenting website is a resource for parents & caregivers of young children in Milford:
- Track your Child’s Development month-by-month and get tips on how to best support your child at each age and stage.
- Find parenting resources and tips in the Parenting Corner— including timely tips on how to cope during the current COVID19 pandemic.
- Community Connector highlights local child and family service providers and resources. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, we can connect you!
- Family Fun keeps you up-to-date on age appropriate fun activities at home during this time of social isolation.
You are your child’s best teacher! Milford Thrives Parenting Corner provides parenting resources and tips, along with opportunities to connect with other parents and caregivers, and subject experts.
Your young child loves to learn from you!
Parenting Corner includes blogs, articles and videos like:
Establishing a rhythm to the day
What is it about a predictable, consistent rhythm that puts children at ease? A reliable daily flow of events provides children (and adults!) with a sense of predictability and creates a feeling of safety and security… read more in our Parenting Corner…
Young children learn by imitating
Infants learn social norms and how things work by watching you and their older siblings. Toddlers aim to do what you do, and strive to do what their older siblings do. This is their play…
Parenting during Coronavirus
Parenting Corner also includes tips on how to cope during this time of social isolation, as well as links to local and NH-based resources for parents during this difficult time. Discover more about Waypoint’s newly launched, free Family Support Warm Line phone-in service…
The early years of a child’s life are very important to their health and development. Milford Thrives Child Development web page helps you learn more about developmental milestones and provides tips on how to best support your child in each stage of development.
- Track your child’s development month-by-month >>
- Find additional information and articles on child development topics like:
- How to help children learn to cope with their feelings. Learn how parents are their child’s guide in sharing the joys and coping with the challenges, starting on day one.
- Did you know that “make believe” play can help your young child’s executive functioning?
Visit the Child Development page to track month-to-month development and more >>
Visit our Family Fun page for the latest updates on family-fun activities with your young children at this time of social isolation.
Although in-person events in the community have been changed due to the Coronavirus, our FAMILY FUN page includes links to outdoor events as well as fun age-appropriate in-home activities, too.
And follow us on Facebook
for daily updates and posts
Milford Thrives connects parents and caregivers with local child and family service providers and resources. Milford Thrives also collaborates with local partners to host community gatherings, educational events, and bring service providers from Greater Nashua to Milford.
We’re here for you during the COVID19 crisis as well. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us with your questions/concerns:
Have you recently move into Milford with your family and baby? REQUEST your complimentary Welcome Baby gift today!Milford Thrives Welcome Baby program was created to connect and welcome every newborn to the community and to serve as a resource and connector for parents, caregivers and families.
Want to learn more about home visiting? Interested in hearing from local experts on child development?
Interested in starting Positive Parenting classes here in Milford and connecting with other parents?
Email the Community Connector with your questions and ideas today!
And stay tuned to the Community Connector web page for weekly Provider Spotlights >>
Enter for your chance to win a $50 Gift Card!
Drawings held monthly.